Entry Visa to Japan

In principle, foreigners wishing to enter Japan (with the exception of ship and airline crews) are required to apply at an overseas Japanese diplomatic establishment (embassy or consulate) for a visa to be stamped in or attached to their passport valid for travel to Japan.
Nationals of some countries and regions holding valid passports, however, can apply for landing permission for short-term stays for such purposes as sightseeing and business trips without obtaining a visa.
Please see the following webpage for the "list of countries and regions that have visa exemption arrangements with Japan".
If you are not sure whether you need a visa to enter Japan or not, please contact the Japanese diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate) in your country or in your living area.

In case you need an entry visa to Japan, you will be required to submit some documents, which include the following two documents written in Japanese, to the Japanese diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate):
  • an invitation letter by the symposium (IEEE ICVES 2015)
  • a detailed schedule during your stay in Japan
It is possible that other documents will be required according to your country or your living area, so please make sure of them carefully.

All the presenters (presenting authors), session chairs and committee members of ICVES 2015 can obtain the above two documents (invitation letter and detailed schedule) from the ICVES 2015 Steering Committee under the condition that they
  1. complete the Pre-Registration with all payments done
  2. have all the travel arrangements completed to stay in Japan, such as hotel accommodations and airline tickets
  3. submit a recommendation letter from his/her supervisor or advisor, if he/she is a student.
You can request for the two documents by contacting the ICVES 2015 committee (icves2015[at_mark]ieee.org) with providing us your information below:
  • Nationality
  • Profession
  • Affiliation
  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Age
  • Postal address for sending the documents
  • Phone number
  • Paper title and author name(s) if author of accepted paper
It will take "10 days" or so for the documents to be prepared and sent to you.
Also, please note that it usually takes about "1 week" for a visa to be issued after you apply for one at the Japanese diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate) in your country or in your living area, and an issued visa will be valid for only "3 months."
It is recommended that you start preparing for your visa application at the begining of September, 2015, or even later, but the request will be sent to the ICVES 2015 committee (icves2015[at_mark]ieee.org) no later than October 10, 2015.
Go to Top