2023 IEEE MTT-S Japan Young Engineer AwardTHE APPLICATION FOR YEA IS NOW CLOSED!
The IEEE Microwave Theory and Technology Society Japan Young Engineer Award is presented every year to young researchers who have published papers that have contributed to the field of microwave theory and techniques. Furthermore, among the recipients of that year, the individual who is recognized to have made the most significant contributions will be awarded the Michiyuki Uenohara Memorial Award. If you satisfy the requirements for eligibility, we warmly encourage you to submit your application.
Applicant Eligibility and Application Form
- Applicant eligibility
- An applicant must be an IEEE member under the IEEE Japan Council at the time of application and is preferred to be a member of the MTT-S when the award is received.
- The applicant must be no more than 38 years of age (i.e. must not have reached his/her 39th birthday) on January 1st of the year when the award is received.
- The applicant must be the first author of a paper published in the IEEE journals listed in the attached table from January to December in the year prior to receiving the award.
- The applicant must not be a past awardee.
[Table: List of Journals]
- Proceedings of the IEEE
- IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques
- IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology
- IEEE Microwave and Wireless Technology Letters
- IEEE Microwave Magazine
- IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology
- IEEE Journal on Multiscale and Multiphysics Computational Technology
- IEEE RFIC Virtual Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Radar Systems
- IEEE Journal of Microwaves
- IEEE Transactions on Quantum Engineering
- Proceedings of the IEEE
- The applicant himself/herself must submit the application form according to the Reviewing Procedure of the IEEE MTT-S Japan Young Engineer Award.
[Application form for the IEEE MTT-S Japan Young Engineer Award]
- Date of application: YYYY.MM.DD
- Name of applicant:
- Year and month of birth: YYYY.MM
- IEEE membership No:
- Contact address:
- Author(s), Title, Journal Name, Volume, Number, Page, Year and Month.
- Technical contribution (point of excellence of the work):
- Abstract of each paper focusing on the author(s) social and academic contributions (within 500 Japanese characters or 250 English words)
- A brief description and the percentage of applicant's contribution if the paper is written by multiple authors (within 100 Japanese characters or 50 English words)
Please click here to fill out and submit the application form to the Award Committee Secretary.
Contact2023 MTT-S Japan Young Engineer Award Committee Secretary
MATSUNAGA Mayumi (Click here)
Please replace ** to @ to send e-mail.
Deadline : July 31, 2023(Passed)
Award Policy and Reviewing Procedure
Please see here.