IEEE Japan Council Women in Engineering Affinity Group
IEEE Japan Council Women in Engineering affinity group was officially
established May 2, 2005. ;This is the first WIE affinity
group in Japan.
- Executive committee members are updated for the 2012-2013 period.
IEEE JC WIE General Meeting 2012
IEEE Japan Council WIE was established in 2005 and this year will be our seventh year. Please accept our warmest thanks for all of your support. We are happy to announce that we will organize the second general meeting. We welcome you to participate in the meeting for networking with members and discussing WIE activities. We would be delighted if you could join us.
For more details, visit English Page.
- Date: July 14, 2012 at 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm (Registration starts at 1:45 pm)
- Venue: Galleria.Tokyo (Chiba University of Commerce Marunouchi Satellite Campus)
The 7th Career Development Workshop for Young Students and Professionals
This workshop strives to aid WIE students and young professionals (members and non-members) improve their skills toward fulfilling highly visible leadership roles in society via group discussions with various themes such as "How to contribute to society as a researcher", "What companies demand from a fresh graduate" and "How to lead in the field as a female researcher." Participation in these group discussions can help participants prepare to be active contributors in society.
Read more details in Japanes and apply.
- Date: Saturday, 23 June, 2012
- Time: 13:30-16:40 (Workshop), 17:00-19:00 (Party)
- Place: Tokyo Kita-Senju Campus, Tokyo Denki University, Tokyo, Japan
- WIE Japan receives this year's IEEE WIE Affinity Group of the Year Award
- Dr. Hideko Kunii, Vice Chair of WIE Japan, wrote an article
entitled "Gender Equality Activities in Ricoh R&D Group" in the
Journal of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
Hideko Kunii: ``Gender Equality Activities in Ricoh R&D Group'',
J. IEICE, pp.565-566, July 2007 (in Japanese)
- IEEE WIE Japan received an honorable mention in the 2006 WIE
Affinity Group of the Year Award.
- Dr. Hideko Kunii, Vice Chair of WIE Japan, received "IEEE Tokyo
Section Women Pioneer Award" from Dr. Harashima, Tokyo Section Chair.
- Our activity has been reported in the April 2006 issue of the Journal of the
Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers by
Prof. Kaoru Arakawa. See
Kaoru Arakawa: ``The Situation of Women Engineers in Germany : From the
First Lecture of IEEE Women in Engineering Japan'', J. IEICE,
pp.339-340, Apr. 2006 (in Japanese)