Tutorial: Disaster Archive
Tutorial disaster archives of the Great East Japan Earthquake and following tidal waves (tsunami) on March 11, 2011 will be displayed at Room A105 in the conference venue from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on August 26, 27 and 28. The archives are provided by the International Research Institute of Disaster Science and the Michinoku Shin- Roku- Den Project in Tohoku University, which includes
- Posters describing the damages of the earthquake and the tsunami
- Three-dimensional moving pictures of the earthquake and the tsunami that hits the Tohoku Area
- Panorama moving picture after the tsunami
- “Handling down memories” of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake
- Aerial moving pictures before and after the earthquake
- Buildings and rubbles after the earthquake
- Photos of Sendai, Matsushima, Ishinomaki and Onagawa, etc.
These are valuable archives not only for present people but also for posterity. We would like to recommend all participants to visit Room A105. The disaster archive will be also displayed on August 27 and 28 at Room A105.
March 13, 2011. Copyright © International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University.
April 15, 2011. Copyright © International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University.
June 15, 2012. Copyright © International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University.