Communication Society - Japan
To foster a community dedicated to understanding and promoting effective communication in engineering, scientific, and other technical environments.
To this end, the IEEE Professional Communication Society endeavors to:
* Advance technical and scientific communication as an essential element of engineering;
* Help engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals to communicate better in the workplace--both in speaking and in writing, both verbally and nonverbally;
* Promote and disseminate best practices and research results on the development, maintenance, delivery, and management of technical content; and
* Promote and facilitate leading-edge education and training of engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals in communication theory and practice.
Official Working Language:
English (although all other languages are welcome)
IEEE PCS members of all nationalities, working in Japan
Field of Interest:
The PCS field of interest includes the study, development, improvement, and promotion of effective techniques for preparing, organizing, processing, editing, collecting, conserving, teaching, and disseminating any form of technical information by and to individuals and groups by any method of communication. It also includes technical, scientific, industrial, and other activities that contribute to the techniques and products used in this field.
The specific areas encompassed by the Society's field of interest include all forms of communication related to engineering practice, including:
1. Electronic information (e.g., Web sites, CD-ROMs, interactive TV, online help);
2. Technical proposals, reports and documentation;
3. Printed publications and oral presentations;
4. Electronic publishing;
5. User interfaces; and
6. Usability evaluations.
The Society's field of interest also includes the research and development of new techniques, the definition of professional standards, and the fostering of continuing education related to these activities.
Mission Statement of International Professional Communication Society