The conference will be held at University of Hyogo (Kobe Campus for Information Science), Kobe, Japan.
City of Kobe
Located in Mid-West Japan (called the Kansai region) on Japan’s main Honshu Island. Kobe is a port city and the main city within Hyogo Prefecture. The city is near Japan’s most well-known historical treasures in Kyoto, Nara, and Himeji, as well as just 40 km from Osaka, the nation’s second largest metropolis.
Kobe City and University of Hyogo (Kobe Campus for Information Science)
Access Map to the University of Hyogo (Kobe Campus for Information Science).Download access map.
Kansai International Airport (KIX) is the closest international gateway for Kobe and located around the Osaka Bay along a fast coastal highway. To transfer from KIX to Kobe:
- Transfer by Taxi: About 70 minutes and approx. 23,000 Yen (KIX to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya). http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/access/taxi/
- Transfer by Limousine Bus: 65 minutes and 1,950 Yen (KIX to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya) (Operations every 10~20 minutes between 06:20 ~ 23:00). http://www.kate.co.jp/en/timetable/detail/KB/
- Transfer by Bay Shuttle Ferry: 30 minutes and 1,850 Yen (KIX to Kobe Marine Air) (Operations every 45~60 minutes between 07:05 ~ 21:50). The KIX ferry dock is a 6-7 minutes free bus transfer from the airport terminal. http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/access/ferry/
International Flight (arriving Tokyo Narita Airport)
- Transfer by Domestic Air (Narita to Osaka Itami Airport): Narita is an international airport with some domestic flights to Osaka Itami Airport. Flight time between Narita and Osaka Itami is about 60 minutes.
- Transfer by Domestic Air (Haneda to Kobe Airport): Narita arrivals should first transfer to Tokyo Haneda Airport for flights to Kobe. Bus transfers between Narita and Haneda take 75 minutes and cost 3,100 Yen. Flight time between Haneda and Kobe is about 60 minutes. (There are also flights to Osaka Itami if Kobe flights are full).
- Domestic Rail Transfer: See below for Shinkansen transfers from Tokyo to Kobe. Trains from Narita to Tokyo (Shinkansen) Station take about 60 minutes and cost approx. 3,200 Yen (by the Narita Express train). Buses from Narita to Tokyo take 80~110 minutes (depending on traffic conditions) and cost 3,100 Yen.
International Flight (arriving Tokyo Haneda Airport)
- Transfer by Domestic Air (Haneda to Kobe Airport): Flight time between Haneda and Kobe is about 60 minutes. (There are also flights to Osaka Itami if Kobe flights are full).
- Domestic Rail Transfer: See below for Shinkansen transfers from Tokyo to Kobe. From Haneda Airport to Tokyo Station, monorail takes about 20 minutes to Hamamatsu-cho where to transfer to JR Yamanote-line to Tokyo Station (about 10min ride). http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/access/train.html
Domestic Flight (arriving Kobe Airport)
- Transfer by Port Liner (Automated Guideway Transit): 4 minutes to K- Computer-Mae which is next to the conference site, University of Hyogo.
- Transfer by Taxi: Approx. 10 min ride.
Domestic Flight (arriving Osaka Itami Airport)
- Transfer by Limousine Bus: Bound for Sannomiya Station this bus takes 40 minutes and costs 1,050 Yen with operations every 15~30 minutes. http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/f_kob.html
- Transfer by Train: Take Osaka-monorail to Hotarugaike Station. Transfer to Hankyu railway and take a train to Umeda. Transfer at Juso Station to Kobe line. Totally, it takes about 1 hour. http://www.osaka-airport.co.jp/en/access/train/
- Transfer by Taxi: Approx. 30 minutes and approx. 12,000 Yen (to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya).
JR Shinkansen (Bullet) Train (Arriving at Shin-Kobe)
Bullet Trains to Shin-Kobe from Tokyo take about 2 hrs 50 minutes and cost approx. 16,000 Yen. Trains run about every 20 minutes. The last train bound for Kobe is at 20:50 (arriving 23:38) the first at 06:00 am. From Kyoto, about 30 minutes, costing about 3,700 Yen.
- Transfer by Taxi: 5 minutes and 700 Yen (to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya).
- Transfer by City Subway: 2 minutes and 210 Yen (to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya).
From Sannomiya Station (Downtown of Kobe)
The Port Liner trains run approx. every 5 minutes between Kobe Airport and Sannomiya. Trains to Kobe Airport and to K-Computer-Mae stop at the station next to the conference site, called K-Computer-Mae. From Sannomiya to K-Computer-Mae costs 280 Yen and takes about 15 minutes either way.
- Important dates
- Submission deadline: 14 February 2017
- Acceptance notification: 24 February 2017
- Deadline extended
- Submission deadline: 24 March 2017
- Registration opens: 25 May 2017
- Early registration deadline: 15 June 2017